It is in fact a re-discovery since this organic oil, with its multiple therapeutic properties, was already in use in the time of the Pharaohs and the Queens of Africa.
Our initiative is to join in the conservation of the natural habitat of the Carapa procera, to avoid its destruction by deforestation and create an income substitution to the local populations, who previously obtained their funds from cutting down forests. This shall in return allow the tribe to continuously assure the delicate balance of a thousand year-old, unique biodiversity , with all its benefits.
The Carapa procera is a species of tree only found in the tropical preserved natural forest.
It is very rare, its density does not exceed a few trees per hectare and is today limited within the world to some extremely remote regions of West Africa. Moreover the Carapa procera is in danger of extinction, because unlike Carapa guianensis or grandiflora (common species), the physico-chemical environment of Carapa procera directly affects its reproductive capacity and therapeutic qualities (specific biochemicals).
When the fruit reaches a ripe maturity (a kind of big bug), it then releases nuts on the ground that look like little chestnuts.
Once pressed, the seeds of of Carapa procera produces a very characteristic oil, used for millenniums by African tribes for its numerous virtues.
Carapa procera soins naturels
Found exclusively in our laboratories, the benefits of Carapa procera seed oil are numerous and have been identified by ethno-pharmaceutical research. For its restructuring of the epidermis, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. The Carapa procera is well known for its repairing action of skin lesions.. (read the testimony of our founder)
The exceptional efficiency of the skincares of the Mascarene Laboratories lies particulary in the very strong concentration of extra virgin oil of the Carapa procera. We extract our oil from carefully selected fresh wild fruits, on the place of harvest itself, which allows the production of complete products, not degraded by chemicals or conditions and strictly on time transports.
Our natural phyto-care are made from lots of Carapa procera oil, carefully selected (species, biotope, genotype, biochemicals specificity), which guarantee unique therapeutic properties. We are actually proud to be the first and only company in the world to have scientifically decoded the molecular specificity of Carapa procera and to have been able to preserve its active ingredients throughout the process of developing our skincares.
- Releases amongst others, Vitamin A, triterpenes (for skin revitalisation)
The research teams of the Mascarene Laboratories have developed dermo-cosmetic products based on the particular virtues of the wild Carapa procera, especially effective to fight against skin disorders and cutaneous inflammations.
* The Regenerating Complex Pso Natura or Akno Natura is 100% organic. Its formula is faithful to the original composition of our millennial ancestors for unprecedented efficiency for natural care
* The complementary skin cares (cream, serum) complete and prolong the action of the complex to protect, nourish and moisturise the skin
* The Dermatological Shampoo Pso Natura is a concentrate of active plants dedicated to the damaged and irritated scalps
Our "extras" which make a difference for a natural balance of your skin
* Exclusive Organic oil of the wild Carapa procera and the unique character of rare plants used
* Without any chemical or synthetic fragrance
* Each batch of Carapa procera tested under dermatological control (code of best practices in labs )
* Not tested on animals and with no animal substance.
* Manufactured in France: our pharmaceutical formulations and capsules are manufactured in France and bear the label of traceability and quality as required by EU regulation.
By aligning Science and Nature, all our formulas combine phyto-care wild Carapa procera plants on the other side of the world for unrivaled efficiency.
carapa procera unique natural skin remedy
Many confuse Carapa procera with other species of common Carapa. The morphological, chemical and molecular differences are listed under the portal of Carapa : http://www.mnhn.fr/carapa
Many other references present the most common form known and studied: the Carapa guianensis and its therapeutic indications.
1. Da Silva VP, Oliveira RR, Figueiredo MR. Isolation of limonoids from seeds of Carapa guianensis Aublet (Meliaceae) by high-speed countercurrent chromatography. Phytochem Anal. 2009 Jan;20(1):77-81.
2. Tappin MR, Nakamura MJ, Siani AC, Lucchetti L. Development of an HPLC method for the determination of tetranortriterpenoids in Carapa guianensis seed oil by experimental design. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2008 Dec 1;48(4):1090-5.
3. Penido C, Conte FP, Chagas MS, Rodrigues CA, Pereira JF, Henriques MG. Antiinflammatory effects of natural tetranortriterpenoids isolated from Carapa guianensis Aublet on zymosan-induced arthritis in mice. Inflamm Res. 2006 Nov;55(11):457-64.
4. Penido C, Costa KA, Costa MF, Pereira Jde F, Siani AC, Henriques MG. Inhibition of allergen-induced eosinophil recruitment by natural tetranortriterpenoids is mediated by the suppression of IL-5, CCL11/eotaxin and NFkappaB activation. Int Immunopharmacol. 2006 Feb;6(2):109-21.